Cooking food and snacks that make your skin look radiant and glowing might be time-consuming. From planning your shopping and restocking your refrigerator to following elaborate recipes for smoothies, salads and soups – is a time and energy-consuming exercise. However, we all know that snacking is needed to keep us energized throughout the day, to feed our hunger and help us overcome work fatigues. It also plays a role in boosting our nutrient intake. Who wants to use dermal fillers when you can eat yourself pretty?!
Balancing your food intake with healthy snacks and plant-based foods containing fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals could help you achieve beautiful and healthy skin, hair and nails. Some say this works as well as a fotona laser treatment! All you have to do is follow the steps below to create a beauty cocktail that would work magic on your skin.
- Papaya and almonds: Papayas are rich in vitamin A and antioxidants that will give you healthy and glowing skin. Pairing papaya with almonds would make it an amazing combination of proteins. With high protein and vitamin supplements, the skin automatically starts to work its way to nourishment. This healthy snack can easily curb your snack cravings.
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is a good source of fat and proteins. Fats play a key role in hydrating skin and ceramide stabilization in skin making appear firm and wrinkle-free. This easy snack can be easily consumed along with other fruits like bananas and melons. One spoon of peanut butter every day would help in a long way to reach your beauty skin goals.
- Walnuts and Dates: Loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and iron, walnut and dates helps our hair and skin feel good. Omega 3 fatty acids are shown to have effects on collagen production and reduce aging reactions in the body. Walnuts are also shown to promote healthy brain cells. This combination can keep you wrinkle-free (and smart ;)) and is a simple snack that’s easy to pack.
- Egg whites: The protein bodies are shown and proven to be great for brightening your skin. They are super light and a great way to curb your cravings. Egg whites naturally promote skin-strengthening and firming and they are quick to prepare. The perfect snack to bring to a busy day at the office!
- Banana and watermelons: Bananas are potassium and calcium-rich, which helps you ease your tired skin. When used in combination with watermelons, banana would also hydrate your skin. The high-water content in the watermelon makes the skin hydrated and glowing. These sweet fruits will also help you to say no to sweet confectioneries.
- Avocados and berries: Berries and avocados are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which would help your skin regenerate and stay nourished. They are enriched with proteins and fibres which also help you get rid of toxins from your body and make your skin glow. These protect the skin from undergoing damage due to oxidative reactions and help maintain the structure of skin texture.
- Sunflower seeds: Rich in fat, fibre and proteins, sunflower seeds would help you feel beautiful and healthier. They contain magnesium and vitamin E which help you maintain youthful skin. They also help you fight wrinkles and stress-related reactions from environmental factors.
As you can see, these foods are easy to prepare, store and pack, thus helping you regularly consume them without any hassle. Also, these snacks help you keep your snack consumption within 200 Kcal per serving, and stop you from overeating. As every skin regeneration program takes a minimum of 28 days to take effect, it’s important to plan ahead and follow this beauty eating as a daily routine. As snacking is an easy alternative to a meal, you can always incorporate healthy simple foods into your diet. Thus, by the change in our meal intake, we can easily make us healthier and more beautiful even with our busy routines.